Monday 24 June 2013

Here's my third post. 

First of all, thanks to all who commented on the blackboard regarding my blog. Most liked my design but I am conscious that more than design or aesthetics, a blog should have content worth reading. 

So what's my rant/rave about today? It's about Facebook and getting a better perspective.  

Each time I go to my newsfeed on FB, I see fabulous updates and photos from my friends all over the world.  Holidaying on the beach, parties on the lawn, fancy pubs, at the spa ..you get the picture. Suddenly my life seems so much more ordinary with my work and then looking after the kids and study late at night. Why aren't I partying or having as much fun? 

Then suddenly the scales lifted off my eyes..don't I always choose the best pics of mine to post on FB. I never put pictures of myself in my old nightgown, or with a sleepy face. It's always the happy smiling ones. I realize now that everybody does that, which means FB is not a real reflection of our life. It's just a tiny slice - and there's so much more to life than FB. 

So folks, when you see fab pics of me and my family on FB and think I'm having a blast - yes and no. Most times, I'm working really hard and have hardly any time for fun and relaxation. Wonder if somebody will come up with a SADFACEBOOK one day? 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Rose!

    This is a Great Blog!

    Have been trying to create a new one (I don't think the one I have is really great!) but I'm not really good at it yet!

    Hopefully this course will hone my blogging skills and give me ideas how best to start a good one:)

    Best wishes here!

    Wassila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through your posts one by one. I bow my head – family, work AND study… I manage to have only 2 at a time without going into down spiral. Choose either two )))) Now it’s work and study. I can skip my husband as a family responsibility since he is pretty much autonomous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SADFACEBOOK - goodness gracious, the smiley face Rose girl I know talking about being sad, don't even let the cat out of the bag, you never know some introvert will actually try creating something like that.

    I like your blog, write more, 3 kids is enough to keep you busy as it is,long working hours, studies, and blogging too, wowie super girl. Please share your daily experience in your work place, the people you meet, about the little joys your kids give you, share your knowledge with us on what your studying. Maybe even do your revision on your blog page. Others like me can get inspired and learn from you.

    ReplyDelete